Job Title: Business Development & Marketing Officer
Contract: One-Year Fixed Term (Full Time)
Reporting to: The CEO.
Summary of Role:
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Business Development and Marketing Officer is responsible for identifying opportunities and building relationships that result in both active membership growth and increased lending, in accordance with the credit union’s strategic objectives.
His/her primary role is to foster, develop and maintain productive relationships with individuals, groups and businesses within the common bond, in order to increase active membership and lending.Policy development and planning, with key responsibility for encouraging new business into the credit union, is an important part of this role. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the credit union can provide, and of the credit union’s competitors.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a business development and marketing strategy for the credit union in conjunction with the credit union’s strategic plan:
- Design and implement effective marketing campaigns to increase the Loan Book and Active Membership
- Develop clear, cost effective communication plans with all stakeholders, through direct mail, digital, online marketing, web development, and social media
- Design and produce advertising and point of sale promotional displays and material.
- Analyse membership market trends, and enhance member involvement through member surveys/focus groups in line with business development strategy.
- Organise and attend all PR and event activities: act as the key credit union representative with all media: advertising, radio, newspapers, local magazines, online etc.
- Develop Youth campaigns that will encourage younger members to join and support the Credit Union through promotion of the Credit Union ethos in primary, secondary and third level education;
- Manage and maintain the credit union website, Facebook page, Twitter account and any other social media utilised by the credit union;
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own to achieve results.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Relevant marketing experience in a results driven, customer focused environment
- Relevant 3rd level qualification in Marketing/Business or other
- A customer centric approach, focused on delivering continuous improvement in the services provided to the credit union’s members
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: verbal/written and public speaking/presentation
- Proven ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Proven target driven experience and delivery of quality results
- Commercial focus, combined with the ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of digital marketing and social media, and experience in using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. for the production of online content, correspondence and documents and maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets
- Drive and enthusiasm for the Credit Union ethos
- A clean driver’s license
Ms. Irene O’Keeffe, CEO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for applications: 10th March 2017.
The Lough Credit Union Ltd. is an Equal Opportunities Employer.