The Lough Credit Union Calendar competition
The Lough Credit union are pleased to announce we will be producing our own calendar for 2021 which will feature photographs from around our communities taken by local people and entries to the 2020 Credit Union Art Comp!
About the Competition
Photos need to be landscape format and emailed to email@example.com. Photo must come with a name, address and phone number of the photographer. Please state clearly, where the photograph was taken. You can enter as often as you like!
Our community. Showcase our community in the best way you can.
All photos must be in landscape format. Photos must be supplied in landscape format and must be a minimum of 2,400 x 3,000 pixels in digital format or have a minimum file size of 2.5MB and no greater than 5MB.
Photo themes can be anything that reflects the beauty and diversity of our local communities; such as:
- Scenic and landscape
- Nature & animals
- At work
- People – Please note: if you wish to use any people in your photos, you must have their permission for inclusion and publication.
How to enter
- The competition is open to all, with the exception of The Lough Credit Union officers, employees and anyone connected with the Photo Competition Calendar 2021. Entrants are accepted from under 18 years of age with written parental or guardian consent.
- You do not need to be a member of The Lough Credit Union Ltd to enter the competition.
- Entry into the competition implies acceptance of these rules.
- Entry to the competition is via email only. You may apply by entering as many photos as you like via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including provocative nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural and moral traditions, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded.
- Photos must not contain logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on the image.
- Photographs entered must be taken within the common bond of The Lough Credit Union. Our common bond includes the following areas: UCC, The Lough, Togher, Glasheen Road, Wilton Road, Pouladuff Road, Friar’s Walk, Lehanaghmore, Spur Hill, Matthew Hill, Deanrock, Greenmount, Western Road, College Road, Dennehy’s Cross, Victoria Cross, Clashduv, Hartland’s Ave., Pearse Road, Sullivan’s Quay, Gillabbey St., Clarke’s Bridge, Connaught Ave., Barrack St., etc.
- To enter the competition, you must submit your entry on or before the close of business on the 6th November 2020. Under no circumstances will photographs entered after this period be considered valid entries into the competition.
- All entrants must supply their names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. All entrants must supply a title for the photograph in no more than 10 words.
- Each photograph must be a minimum of 2,400 x 3,000 pixels in digital format or have a minimum file size of 2.5MB and no greater than 5MB. Pictures must be in landscape format.
- Basic editing, including colour enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping of the photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the photo(s). Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, and the adding and removing of significant elements within the frame is prohibited.
- Winners will be selected based on the quality of the image, that the image reflects truly and accurately the subject title and also the uniqueness of the photograph. Winners will be notified either by email or phone call.
- Winners will be publicly announced in December 2020, once the calendar is printed.
- The judge(s) of the competition will be chosen by The Lough Credit Union.
- Judge’s decision as to the winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
- If no suitable photographs for 2021 The Lough Credit Union Calendar are found from the competition process, other means will be used at the discretion of The Lough Credit Union.
- The Lough Credit Union Ltd. reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it is of the view that you have not complied fully with the terms and conditions.
- Neither The Lough Credit Union or any of its officers shall have any liability whatsoever or howsoever arising directly or indirectly from your participation in the competition or the termination thereof whether by disqualification or otherwise and whether such termination or disqualification was lawful or not.
- The Lough Credit Union accepts no responsibility for any errors or omissions for any printed documentation relating to the competition and calendar.
Right of Record
- It is the responsibility of the entrants and winners to ensure that any necessary permission required to enter a photograph into the competition is obtained.
- Entrants must ensure that any photographs containing people faces, have been taken with the permission of the person(s) in the photograph.
- It is the responsibility of the entrants and winners to ensure that the photography supplied is original and their own work.
- The Lough Credit Union reserves the right to publish any photos entered into the competition and the names of any entrants/winners in connection with advertising or promoting the competition or the business of the promoter without prior permission from the entrants.
- This document contains the entire of the terms, conditions and rules of the competition, save where otherwise expressly stated herein, and you agree to be bound by them and them alone. You acknowledge, confirm and agree that the terms conditions and rules shall prevail over any terms, conditions, representations or statements inconsistent herewith and appearing in any advertisement, sticker, letter, flyer or any other document.
- The Lough Credit Union hereby reserves the right to amend any of the terms, conditions or rules contained herein at any time without advance or another form of communication to the entrant.