Vacancy on our Board Oversight Committee
The credit union would not be able to function without volunteers from the membership serving on our Board and Board Oversight Committee. We are legally required to have both in place to oversee the work of the credit union on behalf of our members. It is very important that we have a panel of members who are willing to volunteer for at least two to three years to serve on either.
This year, we will have a few vacancies on our Board Oversight Committee at our AGM. We are looking for members to put themselves forward for these voluntary, but important roles. Selected volunteers will be put forward for election by the members at the AGM.
What is the Board Oversight Committee?
This committee oversees the work of the Board on behalf of our members. Our committee is made up of three volunteers. The committee’s role is to ensure that the Board are carrying out all their duties as required by law.
What does the Board Oversight Committee do?
Key duties of the committee:
- At least one member of the committee should attend each Board meeting as an observer.
- The committee members should meet at least once a month to discuss the Boards performance.
- The committee should have a meeting with the Board at least 4 times a year and present a report to the Board, highlighting areas where the Board, in their opinion, are not fully meeting their obligations.
- Committee members have the right to attend all meetings of the Board and all meetings of other committees of the credit union.
- The committee reports to the members at the AGM as to whether, in their view, the Board has complied with its obligations.
What is the benefit of volunteering for me?
- Members who volunteer will gain experience of corporate governance and how a large, member-based organisation operates.
- Volunteers may participate in our Education Programme, so that you can earn a transferable qualification while you serve.
- Board Oversight Committee members may move onto the Board at a future date as vacancies arise, if approved by the Nominations Committee.
Both above will enhance your CV by providing you with valuable education and experience.
All volunteers are placed on a panel and are called on as required to fill vacancies as they arise.
How do I volunteer?
Simply click on the link to the nominations form below and print, or pick up a nominations form in either office. Complete and hand in at the counter. The Nominations Committee will contact you in due course.