What qualifies me to become a member?
To become a member you must live, work or study within our common bond.
Can I have more then one credit union account?
You can have accounts with multiple credit unions as long as you are within the common bond. However, you can only be first named on one account with The Lough CU.
What do I need to open an account for my child?
To open an account for a child you must provide us with :
- Birth certificate or passport for the child.
- Proof of PPSN for the child.
- Proof of address of the parent/guardian.
- Proof of ID of the Parent/Guardian.
- Children age 7+ need to be present at account opening.
- €10 needs to be lodged to the account.
Can I open an account for my grandchild?
No, a minor account can only be opened by a parent or guardian. If the minor is 7+ years old they also need to be present at the account opening.
When does a minor account become an adult account?
On the members 16th birthday, from there the parent/guardian has no control over the account.
I have moved homes, how do I change my address on my account?
To change your address on your account you will need to bring to branch a valid proof of address (bank statement or utility bill) dated within the last 6 months.